OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level plus:
- Grade 12 English – ENG4U, ENG4C, EAE4C or EAE4U with 60% or better
- Grade 12 Math (C) or (U) with 60% or better
- Senior Level Chemistry (C) or (U) with 60% or better
- Senior Level Biology (C) or (U) with 60% or better
Mature students – See Admission Procedures for details.
IMPORTANT NOTE – This is an OVERSUBSCRIBED program. Important information about how applicants are ranked for entry into this program can be found here.
For more information, see the Admission Procedures document on the Registrar’s Office page.
For high school applicants, all of your Grade 11 courses and the first semester of your Grade 12 courses will be averaged and ranked in order to make the selection for acceptance into this program. When final grades are released applicants must meet the minimum requirement in mandatory courses.
Applicants who possess some of the following items may earn additional points in the selection process:
- Senior Level Physics
- CPR, First Aid, AED and other emergency training
- Emergency responder, fire service
- Post secondary education from individual courses to diplomas or degrees
- Instructor certifications in CPR, First Aid
- Work experience in health care agencies
- Class F driver’s license
The questionnaire is a mandatory requirement for consideration into this program. Only applicants who return the questionnaire will be considered for admission.
A paramedic is at the forefront of emergency health care services in times of accident or crisis. They provide cardio pulmonary resuscitation, defibrillation, cardiac monitoring, pulse oximetry, airway management, administration of life saving drugs, control of severe bleeding along with immobilization of spine, neck and bone injuries. This program will appeal to students who are able to work under extremely stressful situations. They must be critical thinkers, able to problem solve and multi-task. They must be strong and in good physical condition. They also need to be compassionate with a good attitude and a desire to serve the public. It’s also important to be able to work well with others and be part of a team.
- Clinical hospital/ambulance field experience.
- Hands on training in well-equipped labs and simulation suites.
- Graduates are eligible to apply to write the Ontario Ministry of Health Advanced EMCA (Primary Care Paramedic) examination.
Paramedics are employed by both public and private ambulance services. Graduates may also progress to the level of Advanced Care Paramedic and/or Flight Paramedic requiring additional years of education at various institutions throughout Ontario.
Requirements under the Ontario Ambulance Act and Criminal Code of Canada must be met to be employed as a Paramedic in Ontario. If you have concerns regarding possible traffic violations, criminal records, or medical conditions that may affect your potential employment, contact the program Coordinator. Applicants MUST possess a VALID Ontario Driver’s license.
- A satisfactory medical exam. – Paramedic Medical Requirements Form
Applicants are required to have the following completed prior to clinical placement. You are responsible for the associated costs.
- First Aid
- Heart Stroke Foundation Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) BCLS Level C/AED
- NIOSH N95 Respirator Fit Test | Thames Campus Info
- Employer requirement for up-to-date CLEAR POLICE CLEARANCE (vulnerable sector screening)
- MUST be obtained by you, the student.
- Obtain the Police Clearance by the first week of your first semester
- Clinical placements may be on day, afternoon or weekend shifts ANYWHERE within Ontario.
- You are responsible for travel and accommodation costs.
- Program Physical Demands Analysis: H840 / K940
- Police Clearance
The standard tuition and compulsory fees for the current academic year :
For programs with Experiential Learning (Work Placement/Internship): Costs for accommodation, if needed, travel and related expenses is at the student’s own expense. It is recommended for most programs, that students have access to a laptop or desktop computer while away from home during experiential learning periods.
Textbooks and other materials are in addition to Tuition Fees. Textbook prices may be found through the Bookstore website .
Please be aware that tuition and compulsory fees are subject to adjustment each year. The College reserves the right to change, amend or alter fees as necessary without notice or prejudice.