Jerry Bergman, Ph.D. Biology
Jerry Bergman has taught biology, genetics, chemistry, biochemistry, anthropology, geology, and microbiology at Northwest State College in Archbold OH for over 25 years. He has 9 degrees, including 7 graduate (= post-graduate in some non-US systems) degrees. Dr Bergman is a graduate of Medical College of Ohio, Wayne State University in Detroit, The University of Toledo, and Bowling Green State University. He has over 800 publications in 12 languages and 20 books and monographs. He has also taught at the Medical College of Ohio where he was a research associate in the department of experimental pathology, and he also taught 6 years at the University of Toledo, and 7 years at Bowing Green State University.
Among his books is a monograph on peer evaluation published by the College Student Journal Press, a Fastback on the creation-evolution controversy published by Phi Delta Kappa, a book on vestigial organs with Dr George Howe ( Vestigial Organs are Fully Functional ), a book on psychology and religious cults, a book on religious discrimination published by Onesimus Press, and a book on mental health published by Claudius Verlag in München. He has also published a college textbook on evaluation (Boston, Houghton Mifflin Co.), and has contributed to dozens of other textbooks. He was also a consultant for over 20 science text books, mostly biology and biochemistry.
Dr Bergman has presented over one hundred scientific papers at professional and community meetings in the United States, Canada, and Europe. To discuss his research, he has been a featured speaker on many college campuses throughout the United States and Europe, and is a frequent guest on radio and television programs. His research has made the front page in newspapers throughout the country, has been featured by the Paul Harvey Show several times, and has been discussed by David Brinkley, Chuck Colson, and other nationally known commentators on national television.
His other work experience includes over ten years experience at various Mental Health/Psychology clinics as a licensed professional clinical counselor and three years full time corrections research for a large county circuit court in Michigan and inside the walls of Jackson Prison (SPSM), the largest walled prison in the world. He has also served as a consultant for CBS News, ABC News, Reader s Digest. Amnesty International, several government agencies and for two Nobel Prize winners, including the inventor of the transistor. In the past decade he has consulted or has testified as an expert witness or consultant in almost one-hundred court cases. A Fellow of the American Scientific Association, member of The National Association for the Advancement of Science, and many other professional associations, he is listed in Who s Who in America. Who s Who in the Midwest and in Who s Who in Science and Religion .
- M.P.H. Northwest Ohio Consortium for Public Health (Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, Ohio; University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio; Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio), 2001.
- M.S. in biomedical science, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, Ohio, 1999.
- Ph.D. in human biology, Columbia Pacific University, San Rafael, California, 1992.
- M.A. in social psychology, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio, 1986.
- Ph.D. in measurement and evaluation, minor in psychology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, 1976.
- M.Ed. in counseling and psychology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, 1971.
- B.S. Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, 1970. Major area of study was sociology, biology, and psychology.
- A.A. in Biology and Behavioral Science, Oakland Community College, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, 1967.
- Fellow of the American Scientific Affiliation, 1983
- Who’s Who in America
- Ohio certification to teach both elementary and high school levels
Dr Bergman is or was active in the following organizations:
- National Association for Gifted Children
- American Educational Research Association
- National Council on Measurement in Education
- American Sociological Association
- American Psychological Association
- Ohio Psychological Association
- Association for the Scientific Study of Religion
- American Association of Suicidology
- Institute of Religion and Health
- American Society of Corrections
The Professional Organizations that Dr Bergman is now a member of and/or involved in, include:
- Ohio Science Teachers Association.
- American Biology Teachers Association.
- The American Scientific Affiliation.
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- The American Association for the History of Science
- American Chemical Society
- American Institute of Biological Sciences.
- Ohio Academy of Science
- American Institute of Chemists
- New York Academy of Sciences
- The New York Museum of Natural History
Other professional memberships
- Society for the Scientific Study of Male Psychology and Physiology, President and Founder
Radio, video tapes, and television shows
Dr Bergman has appeared on approximately 200 radio shows and 14 television shows for various Public Television and other stations. His research has been featured several times on the Paul Harvey Show, and once by David Brinkley.
His articles on creation include: